A. A customer eligible for participation in the Utility Service Protection Program who is not receiving utility service shall have his utility service reconnected for the purpose of participation in the Utility Service Protection Program, provided that the customer:
(1) Is certified eligible for MEAP assistance;
(2) Complies with the application procedures in Regulation .05; and
(3) Makes the designated payment for outstanding arrearages as described in §B.
B. Amount of Payment.
(1) A customer who has not previously participated in the Utility Service Protection Program shall pay an amount sufficient to reduce the outstanding arrearage to $400.
(2) A customer who has previously participated in and has been removed from the Utility Service Protection Program shall pay the greater of:
(a) An amount sufficient to reduce outstanding arrearage to $400; or
(b) The amount covering the monthly installments in arrears in the customer's equal monthly payment account and supplemental payment account at the date of reconnection.
C. First-Time Applicants.
(1) First-time applicants for the USPP program may elect to apply all or part of the MEAP benefit to past arrearages to qualify for participation in the Utility Service Protection Program after all other emergency funds, public and private, for which the client is eligible have been used.
(2) In the case of an election in §C(1), the equal monthly payment shall be based on estimated annual consumption less any remaining MEAP benefits.
(3) An election is for one time only, and for subsequent benefits the MEAP benefit may not be used to reduce arrearages.
D. A reconnection fee or additional security deposit may not be charged to customers eligible for reconnection under §A.