A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Arrearage" or "outstanding arrearage" means amounts owed by a customer for gas or electric service other than the most current billing cycle usage.
(2) "Heating season" means billing months of November through March of successive calendar years.
(3) "MEAP" means the Maryland Energy Assistance Program administered by the Maryland Department of Human Services.
(4) "MEAP eligible" means a utility customer who has met the criteria established by the Maryland Energy Assistance Program for receipt of an energy assistance grant.
(5) "Poverty levels" or "percentages of poverty" means the income guidelines used by the Department of Human Services to establish income eligibility for MEAP grants.
(6) "Program participant" means a customer who has met all eligibility requirements, completed all application procedures, and is enrolled in the Utility Service Protection Program.