A. Electric service, gas service, or both, may be terminated in accordance with this regulation, if service at a dwelling unit has been secured in any manner described below:
(1) Application was made in a fictitious name;
(2) Application was made in the name of an individual who is not an occupant of the dwelling unit, without disclosure of the individual's actual address;
(3) Application was made in the name of a third party without disclosing that fact or without bona fide authority from the third party;
(4) Application was made without disclosure of a material fact or by misrepresentation of a material fact;
(5) Application was made for connection of service to a dwelling where there are co-occupants, if a service account for that dwelling unit was previously maintained in a current co-occupant's name during a period of co-occupancy with the applicant and the co-occupant has failed to pay or make satisfactory arrangements to pay an outstanding bill or undisputed portion of a disputed bill for service at the dwelling unit, the collection of which is not barred under applicable State or federal law;
(6) Application was made for connection of service to a dwelling unit where there are co-occupants, if the service account at a prior dwelling unit of the applicant was listed in a current co-occupant's name, and the co-occupant has failed to pay or to make satisfactory arrangement to pay an outstanding bill or undisputed portion of a disputed bill for service at the prior dwelling unit, the collection of which is not barred under applicable State or federal law; or
(7) Application was made by an individual for the purpose of assisting another occupant of a dwelling unit to avoid payment of that occupant's prior outstanding bill.
B. For purposes of this regulation, "co-occupants" means two or more adults who occupy the same dwelling unit as their primary domicile or legal residence within the State.
C. If service at a dwelling unit was secured in any manner described in §A of this regulation, the utility may give 7 days notice that the service will be terminated, and may then proceed to terminate service subject to the provisions of §E of this regulation. The notice shall state:
(1) The manner in which service was secured;
(2) The approximate time period during which the service was used;
(3) A summary of the facts or circumstances upon which the utility bases its determination that a termination is warranted; and
(4) The amount of any outstanding bill.
D. If a bona fide occupant of the premises subject to termination under this regulation is seriously ill, the provisions of COMAR 20.31.03.01 Restrictions for Serious Illness and Life-Support Equipment, shall supersede the provisions of this regulation.
E. If a customer disputes the proposed termination, the customer shall do so in accordance with the provisions of COMAR 20.32.01.