A. In this subtitle, the following words have the meanings indicated.
B. Defined Terms.
(1) “Board of education” means the local board of education of a county and includes the Baltimore City Board of School Commissioners.
(2) “Candidate to be a member of the school board” means a person who has filed for election to an elected school board.
(3) “County” includes Baltimore City.
(3-1) “Designated second home” means:
(a) If an individual owns one second home, the individual’s second home; or
(b) If an individual owns more than one second home, any one second home the individual identifies to the Commission as the individual’s designated second home.
(3-2) “Home address” means the address of an individual’s:
(a) Principal home; and
(b) Designated second home, if any.
(4) “Member of the school board” means an elected or appointed member of a board of education.
(4-1) “Principal home” means the sole residential property that an individual occupies as the individual’s primary residence, whether owned or rented by the individual.
(5) “School employee” means an employee of the board of education or the county school system.
(6) School Official.
(a) “School official” means an employee or other official of the board of education or the school system.
(b) “School official” does not include a member of the school board.
(7) “School system” means the educational system under the authority of a board of education.
(8) “Second home” means a residential property that:
(a) An individual occupies for some portion of the filing year; and
(b) Is not a rental property or a time share.