A. An individual may not be approved to act as a verifier as provided by this chapter unless the individual meets the following requirements to be established by the Department:
(1) Education and experience;
(2) Training; and
(3) Continuing education.
B. The Department may approve a verifier who meets the following eligibility requirements:
(1) Has 3 or more years of experience developing SCWQPs or qualifies as a U.S. Department of Agriculture, Natural Resource Conservation Service Conservation Planner level II;
(2) Is certified in Maryland to prepare NMPs in accordance with applicable Department regulations COMAR 15.20.04; and
(3) Has completed Department training in the use of the MNTT.
C. A verifier may only remain eligible to perform verifications by completing at least 6 hours of Department approved training within the first year, and 12 hours thereafter every 3 years.
D. After the opportunity for a hearing, the Department may deny, suspend, or revoke the approval of any verifier who:
(1) No longer meets eligibility requirements;
(2) Violates any of the regulatory requirements of this chapter;
(3) Provides the Department with any misleading, false, or fraudulent report;
(4) Fails to promptly provide any report or any record required to be kept by this chapter;
(5) Fails to meet the continuing education requirements for verifiers;
(6) Is determined to be negligent or incompetent; or
(7) Fails to act in such a manner that the Department determines provides other good cause to deny, suspend, or revoke approval.