A. The Department, in consultation with the University of Maryland, shall establish a program to train and certify professional fertilizer applicators.
B. This program shall include training and education in:
(1) The proper use and calibration of fertilizer application equipment;
(2) The hazards involved in, and the environmental impact of, applying fertilizer, including nutrient pollution to the waters of the State;
(3) All applicable State and federal laws, rules, and regulations;
(4) The correct interpretation of fertilizer labeling information; and
(5) The recommendations developed by the University of Maryland for nutrient management on turf, including the appropriate time to:
(a) Apply fertilizer when rain is forecast; and
(b) Apply fertilizer when soils are wet and the potential for fertilizer movement off-site exists.