A. A certificate is issued for 1 year and may be renewed for a 3-year term by:
(1) Submitting a renewal application on the form the Department requires;
(2) Except for a government agency or a farmer or operator doing a plan for land they manage, paying a renewal fee to the Department;
(3) Providing proof of satisfactory completion of continuing education, workshops, or other training programs approved by the Department that includes:
(a) At least 6 hours of training within the first year, and 12 hours thereafter within the 3-year term for certified consultants; or
(b) At least 2 hours of training within the first year, and 6 hours thereafter within the 3-year term for certified farm operators;
(4) Complying with all requirements on the preparation of a nutrient management plan; and
(5) Complying with all other requirements of this chapter.
B. An individual who fails to renew the certification may be required to take another certification examination as provided by this chapter.