A. To apply for the examination to be certified as a nutrient management consultant, an applicant shall file the following with the Department at least 15 days before any announced examination:
(1) An application on the form the Department requires;
(2) Proof of meeting one of the following:
(a) A school-authenticated college degree in an agriculturally related area, and 1 year of practical experience acceptable to the Department in nutrient management planning, or
(b) A combination of education and practical experience related to nutrient management planning which is acceptable to the Department; and
(3) Except for a government agency, the applicable certification fee by check or money order.
B. To apply for the farm operator certification, a person shall:
(1) File the required application forms with the Department; and
(2) Pay the applicable fees by check or money order.
C. Unless timely filed and complete, an application may be denied.