A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meaning indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Certified farm operator" means an individual certified by the Department under this subtitle to prepare a nutrient management plan solely for agricultural land that the individual:
(b) Operates, or
(c) Has a legal interest in.
(2) "Certified nutrient management consultant" or "consultant" means an individual certified by the Department under this subtitle to prepare a nutrient management plan.
(3) "Crop nutrient needs" means the primary nutrient requirements of a crop determined as pounds of N, P2O5, and K2O required for production of a crop yield unit such as a bushel of corn or a ton of alfalfa.
(4) "Department" means the Maryland Department of Agriculture or its designee.
(5) "Fertilizer" means any substance containing a recognized plant nutrient used for its plant nutrient content and designed for use in promoting plant growth.
(6) "Field identification number" means a number used by a farmer/operator to distinguish or pinpoint the location of a field or management unit on a farm.
(7) "Nutrient content" means the percentage of any primary nutrients as N, P2O5, or K2O in any type or source of plant nutrients.
(8) "Nutrient management plan" or "plan" means a plan prepared by a certified nutrient management consultant or certified farm operator to manage the amount, placement, timing, and application of animal waste, fertilizer, sewage sludge, or other plant nutrients in order to prevent pollution and to maintain the productivity of soil when growing agricultural products.
(9) "Person" means the State, any county, municipal corporation, or other political subdivision of the State, or any of their units, or an individual, receiver, trustee, guardian, executor, administrator, fiduciary, or representative of any kind, or any partnership, firm, association, public or private corporation, or any other entity, unless otherwise provided.
(10) "Watershed code" means the code used by the State to identify a hydrologic unit area.