A. In-stream Excavation. Except with the written permission of the Secretary of the Department of Natural Resources, in-stream excavation or clearing is prohibited between the following dates:
(1) October 1 through April 30 in natural trout waters;
(2) March 1 through May 31 in recreational trout waters; and
(3) March 15 through June 15 in anadromous fish spawning waters.
B. Clearing and Snagging.
(1) Clearing and snagging of a channel may not endanger channel stability.
(2) The areas to be cleared and snagged shall be limited to:
(a) The channel bottom, banks, and berms;
(b) Adjacent trees or other objects that may fall into a channel;
(c) Access roads;
(d) Temporary disposal areas; and
(e) Areas designated by a soil conservation district for planned conservation areas.
(1) On each project, a species of erosion controlling vegetation adapted to the area and a proven method of vegetation establishment shall be used for revegetation.
(2) Provisions shall be taken on a project to reduce soil erosion until effective revegetation can be accomplished.
(3) During the growing season, at a minimum:
(a) Channel banks shall be seeded at the end of each day's excavation; and
(b) Other areas where soil has been disturbed shall be seeded within 7 days of final soil disturbance.
(4) The progress of revegetation shall be monitored by the association and corrective action taken when necessary.