A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Additive" means any substance that is a component of, or that is included in, a contract feed for the specific purpose of reducing the quantity of phosphorus in chicken waste.
(2) "Commercial feed" means a material which is distributed for use as feed, or for mixing in feed for chickens, except:
(a) Unmixed and unprocessed whole seeds or meal made directly from the entire seeds;
(b) Unground hay; or
(c) Stover, silage, cobs, hulls, and whole or ground straw, none of which materials have been mixed with any other material.
(3) "Contract feed" means a commercial feed:
(a) Intended for use as a chicken feed, according to an agreement between a distributor and a contract feeder; and
(b) Containing inorganic phosphorus.
(4) "Contract feeder" means an independent contractor who feeds a contract feed to chickens pursuant to a contract whereby commercial feed is supplied, or otherwise provided to the contract feeder, and payment is determined wholly or partially by feed consumption, mortality, profits, and amount or quality of the product.
(5) "Department" means the Department of Agriculture or its designated representative.
(6) "Distribute" means to exchange, offer for sale, sell, barter, supply, or provide commercial feed, customer-formula feed, or contract feed to a contract feeder, or otherwise to supply or provide commercial feeds as part of a commercial enterprise.
(7) "Enzyme" means a specific protein, or a substance containing a specific protein, that is used as a feed additive to increase the digestibility or availability of phytate-bound phosphorus in corn, sorghum, soybeans, and other cereal grains, or in any plant ingredients included in a commercial feed.
(8) "Person" means an individual, corporation, partnership, association, firm, or other business entity.
(9) "Phytase" means an enzyme, or specific protein, that is used as a feed additive to increase the digestibility or availability of phytate-bound phosphorus in corn, sorghum, soybeans, and other cereal grains, or in any plant ingredients included in a commercial feed.
(10) "Secretary" means the Secretary of Agriculture or a designee.