A. Each composting facility regulated by this chapter shall operate under the supervision of a certified operator.
B. Certification. A person shall apply for certification as a composting facility operator by:
(1) Applying to the Department on a departmental form; and
(2) Demonstrating proof of practical and scientific knowledge of composting by passing a written examination given by the Department.
C. Recertification. A person shall apply for renewal by:
(1) Applying to the Department;
(2) Demonstrating satisfactory knowledge of composting by attending during the period of certification at least one training course approved by the Department or by reexamination; and
(3) Complying with all other requirements of this chapter.
D. A composting facility operator certificate is valid for 3 years beginning January 1, or whenever obtained, until December 31 of the third year of certification.
(1) Each applicant for certification shall pass a written examination given by the Department.
(2) The Department shall give the examination at least twice a year.
(3) The Department may provide either the required training or a list of study materials before any examination is given.
(4) To apply for the examination to be certified as a composting facility operator, an applicant shall file with the Department at least 15 days before any announced examination an application on the form the Department requires.