A. In these regulations, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Adjoining" means having a common border.
(2) "Agricultural land preservation easement" or "easement" means a negative servitude which restricts a landowner's right to use the land for any commercial, industrial, or residential purpose except as otherwise permitted by Agriculture Article, §2-513, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(3) "Agricultural use" means any use of land which directly contributes to the production, processing, or storage of agricultural products.
(4) "Contiguous" means having a common border.
(5) "Profitable farming feasibility" means the:
(a) Potential for yielding an excess of returns over expenditures through agricultural production and transactions as influenced and determined by productive capability of the subject land;
(b) Existence and proximity of markets for agricultural products; and
(c) Relative profitability of agricultural pursuits on adjacent and nearby lands.
(6) "Severe economic hardship" means:
(a) A state of financial peril of a landowner as evidenced by bankruptcy proceedings;
(b) The results of natural disaster or farm owner/operator disability; or
(c) As determined by the Board of Trustees on a case-by-case basis.