A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) “AAVSB” means the American Association of Veterinary State Boards.
(2) “AVMA” means the American Veterinary Medical Association.
(3) "Board" means the State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners.
(4) “Candidate for graduation” means a student who:
(a) Is within approximately 3 months of graduating college with a degree in veterinary technology; and
(b) Has a letter sent from the college to the Board’s office, indicating the student’s expected date of graduation.
(5) "Committee" means the Veterinary Technician Committee of the State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners.
(6) "Maryland State Veterinary Technician Examination" means both the Veterinary Technician National Examination, and the State Board Examination for becoming a registered veterinary technician.
(7) “PES” means the Professional Examination Service.
(8) "Registered veterinary technician" means a person who is registered with the Board as a veterinary technician.
(9) “VTNE” means the Veterinary Technician National Examination.