A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "AVMA" means the American Veterinary Medical Association.
(2) "BCSE" means the Basic and Clinical Sciences Examination, developed by the American Veterinary Medical Association's Educational Commission for Foreign Veterinary Graduates.
(3) "Board Examination" means the reading and comprehension of the laws and regulations governing the practice of veterinary medicine in Maryland.
(4) "CCT" means the Clinical Competency Test prepared by the Professional Testing Service.
(5) "CPE" means the Clinical Proficiency Examination given by the AVMA.
(6) "ECFVG" means the Educational Commission for Foreign Veterinary Graduates.
(7) “Evaluated clinical experience” means a minimum of a 12-month period during which a PAVE candidate is evaluated by clinical faculty at an AVMA-accredited veterinary college.
(8) “Foreign veterinary graduate” or “FVG” means an individual who has received a professional veterinary medical degree from an AVMA-listed veterinary college which is not approved or accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association.
(9) "Maryland State Examination" means:
(a) The Board Examination and the NAVLE;
(b) The BCSE and CPE, if the applicant is an FVG; and
(c) Evaluated clinical experience, if the applicant is a PAVE graduate.
(10) "NAVLE" means the North American Veterinary Licensing Examination, produced by the National Board Examination Committee, assessing the applicant's practice competence for licensure as a veterinarian.
(11) "NBE" means the National Board Examination prepared by the Professional Examination Service.
(12) "NBVME" means the National Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners.
(13) “PAVE” means the Program for the Assessment of Veterinary Education Equivalence.
(14) “PAVE graduate” means an individual who has been issued a certificate by the Program for the Assessment of Veterinary Education Equivalence after successfully completing a minimum of 12 months of evaluated clinical experience at a veterinary college accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association.
(15) "State Board" means the State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners.