A. An approved euthanasia training course shall include, but not be limited to, the following topics:
(2) Humane methods of euthanasia;
(3) Euthanizing wild or feral animals;
(4) Administering sedatives; and
(5) Verification of death.
B. The following organizations offer a Board-approved euthanasia course:
(1) The American Humane Association;
(2) National Animal Control Association; and
(3) The Professional Animal Workers of Maryland (PAWS).
C. In addition to successfully completing a euthanasia training course as set forth in §A of this regulation, training for an authorized employee who utilizes remote chemical capture equipment in a setting outside of an animal control facility shall include the following topics:
(1) Field chemical capture and immobilization;
(2) Proper use of field equipment, such as:
(a) Dart guns; and
(b) Restraint poles; and
(3) Personnel safety.
D. The following organizations offer a Board-approved chemical capture course:
(1) National Animal Control Association; and
(2) Safe Capture International.
E. Local, State, Regional, or National Courses.
(1) Local, State, regional, or national 2-day courses may be approved by the Board after the Board reviews the:
(a) Course content; and
(b) Instructor's knowledge of the topics covered.
(2) The following information shall be submitted to the Board for its review:
(a) Course curriculum;
(b) Instructor's biography; and
(c) Other information the Board determines necessary for course approval.
(3) Approval or denial for a 2-day course will be provided by the Board within 90 days after receipt of the information set forth in §E(2) of this regulation.
F. The Board may withdraw at any time its approval of a previously approved training course.
G. An owner shall submit proof of successful completion of training, as described in §§AE of this regulation, for the responsible individual and each authorized employee:
(1) With each application for an animal control facility license; and
(2) Within 90 days of an employee's starting date if the employee was not employed at the time of application for an animal control facility license.