A. If surgery is performed, appropriate facilities and equipment shall be provided and the operating area shall be run in accordance with accepted surgical practice.
B. A suitably equipped area shall include the following equipment and supplies:
(1) An autoclave or other equipment for effective sterilization of instruments, linens, gloves, gowns, and similar items;
(2) A scrub sink or a suitable container for surgical preparation;
(3) An operating light or sufficient power to assure clear illumination of the operative field;
(4) Instruments and drapes appropriate for the surgical procedures used in the hospital; and
(5) A positive pressure oxygen delivery system for small animal patients where medically indicated.