A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Board" means the State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners.
(2) “Hospital license” means a license which permits a person to own and operate a veterinary hospital or mobile veterinary clinic.
(3) "Licensing year" means the yearly period running from July 1 until June 30.
(4) “Owner” means the person responsible for maintaining the hospital or mobile clinic properly. A person who leases a veterinary practice from another shall assume the responsibility of maintaining the facility properly and, thus, for the purposes of this chapter and COMAR 15.14.07, is considered the owner of the facility.
(5) “Responsible veterinarian” means a veterinarian who:
(a) Is licensed and registered by the Board;
(b) Provides direct supervision and control of a licensed veterinary facility; and
(c) Is regularly present at the facility:
(i) More than 50% of the time the facility is open for business; or
(ii) At least 20 hours per week if the facility is open for business more than 40 hours per week.
(6) "Valid hospital license" means a hospital license for the current licensing year which has neither been revoked nor, unless stayed, is under suspension.
(7) "Veterinary hospital" means a building or portion of a building which is regularly used for the treatment of animals by a veterinary practitioner.