A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms defined.
(1) "Department" means the Department of Agriculture.
(a) "Downers" means livestock that are down and unable to rise even with assistance.
(b) "Downers" includes livestock which, after being assisted to rise, cannot stand and walk without assistance.
(3) "Livestock" means cattle, swine, sheep, horses, asses, mules, or goats.
(4) "Livestock market" means an established location where livestock are offered for sale.
(5) "Humane treatment" means:
(a) Treating livestock in a manner that avoids unnecessary suffering or pain; and
(b) Providing livestock, when necessary, with adequate feed, water, veterinary care, and shelter.
(6) "Slaughter establishment" means an establishment regulated by the Food Safety Inspection Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, or by a corresponding agency in those states which conduct meat inspection.
(7) "3-D livestock" means livestock that are:
(b) Debilitated; or