A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meaning indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Accredited herd" means a livestock herd meeting the U.S. Department of Agriculture testing requirements for tuberculosis under 9 CFR §77.1.
(2) "Accredited veterinarian" means a veterinarian approved to participate in a federalstate animal health program by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and by the Department.
(3) "Department" means the Maryland Department of Agriculture or its designee.
(4) "Exhibition" means any livestock show, except a show conducted for the sole purpose of selling the livestock exhibited.
(a) "Exhibitor" means a person 18 years old or older who owns or presents livestock for exhibition.
(b) "Exhibitor" includes a parent or guardian of a minor child exhibiting livestock.
(6) "Interstate certificate of veterinary inspection" means a form provided by the U.S. Department of Agriculture that:
(a) Is issued by an accredited veterinarian in the state where the livestock originated;
(b) Is valid for 30 days from the date of issue; and
(c) Documents a veterinary inspection which certifies that livestock is fit for transport and for exhibition.
(7) "Intrastate certificate of veterinary inspection" means a form provided by the Department that:
(a) Is issued by an accredited veterinarian in Maryland;
(b) Is valid for the exhibition season in the calendar year it is issued unless otherwise directed by the Department; and
(c) Documents a veterinary inspection which certifies that livestock originating in Maryland is fit for exhibition in this State.
(8) "Livestock" includes the following animal species:
(a) Bovine (cattle);
(b) Camelid (llama, alpaca, vicuna and guanaco);
(c) Caprine (goat);
(d) Cervid (deer);
(e) Equine (horse, donkey, and mule);
(f) Ovine (sheep);
(g) Porcine (pig); and
(h) Lagomorpha (rabbit and hare).
(9) "Person" includes the State, any county, municipal corporation, an individual, receiver, trustee, guardian, executor, administrator, fiduciary, or representative of any kind, or any partnership, firm, association, public or private corporation, or any other entity.
(10) "Petting zoo" means an exhibition where the public is encouraged to touch any livestock or other animal.
(11) "Sponsor" means the person responsible for organizing the livestock exhibition.
(12) "Veterinarian" means an individual who is licensed, registered or otherwise permitted to lawfully practice veterinary medicine in Maryland, any of the several states, U.S. territories, the District of Columbia, or any appropriate political entity as determined by the Department.