A. The following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Commercial flock" means a flock whose eggs are distributed, offered for sale, or sold for human consumption.
(2) "Department" means the Maryland Department of Agriculture or its designee.
(3) "Exhibition" means displaying or showing poultry for competition or advancement of the species, including, among other examples, county and State fairs, farm shows, and breeding shows.
(4) "Flock" means all of the poultry on one premises, except any group of poultry that has been segregated for 21 days may be considered a separate flock by the Department.
(5) "Hatchery" means incubators, hatchers, and auxiliary equipment on one premises operated for the hatching or incubation of hatching eggs.
(6) "Junior exhibitor" means an exhibitor under 19 years old.
(7) "Multiplier breeding flock" means a flock intended for the production of hatching eggs used for the purpose of producing progeny for commercial egg or meat production or for other nonbreeding purposes.
(8) "NPIP" means the National Poultry Improvement Plan of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), 9 CFR Parts 145147.
(9) "Official establishment" means any establishment engaged in slaughtering or processing solely for intrastate commerce poultry and poultry products capable of use as human food and inspected under the Maryland Poultry Products Inspection Act, Agriculture Article, §4-201 et seq., Annotated Code of Maryland.
(10) "Official state agency" means the authority in each state recognized by USDA to cooperate in the administration of the National Poultry Improvement Plan.
(11) "Official state diagnostic laboratory" means a laboratory:
(a) Operated by the Maryland Department of Agriculture or by the Maryland Department of Health; or
(b) Recognized and approved for poultry diagnostic activities by the chief livestock health official of any other state.
(12) "Person" means an individual, corporation, partnership, association, or any other legal entity.
(13) "Poultry" means live fowl, including, but not limited to, chickens, turkeys, waterfowl, and game birds (for example, pea fowl, pheasants, chukars, partridges, quail, grouse, and guinea fowl, but not doves or pigeons).
(14) "Primary breeding flock" means a flock of one or more generations that is maintained for establishing, continuing, or improving parent lines.
(15) "Pullorum" means a Salmonella pullorum disease of poultry.
(16) "Pullorum-typhoid test" means a test recognized by the National Poultry Improvement Plan to test poultry for pullorum disease and fowl typhoid.
(17) "Secretary" means the Secretary of Agriculture or the Secretary's designee.
(18) "Typhoid" means fowl typhoid, a Salmonella gallinarum disease of poultry.
(19) "U.S. Pullorum Clean" means a flock of poultry that has been found to be free by USDA of pullorum or typhoid under NPIP.
(20) "Waterfowl" means domesticated fowl which normally swim, such as ducks and geese.