A. "Department" means the Maryland Department of Agriculture.
B. "Herd test" includes a test of all breeding swine 6 months old or older in a given herd.
C. "Infected herd" means a herd that discloses one or more swine showing a complete agglutination reaction in the blood titer dilution of 1:100 or higher, or a positive reaction to the card test.
D. "Negative herd" means a herd:
(1) That discloses no swine having agglutination reactions higher than incomplete at the 1:100 dilution, or any swine positive to the card test. All animals over 6 months old in the herd are to be included in the brucellosis test.
(2) In which at least 10 percent of the breeding swine have been tested annually in a market swine testing program for 3 consecutive years with no positive test results.
E. "Negative swine" means a swine from:
(1) An infected herd or herd of unknown status that disclosed no reaction or less than complete agglutination in the blood titer dilution of 1:25, or a swine reported to be negative to the card test;
(2) A validated or negative herd that discloses no reaction or less than complete agglutination in the blood titer dilution of 1:100, or that has no reaction to the card test.
F. "Official test for brucellosis" means either:
(1) The tube agglutination test;
(2) The brucellosis card test; or
(3) Any other test that may be recommended by the United States Animal Health Association and approved by the United States Department of Agriculture and the Department.
G. "Reactor" or "positive swine" means swine:
(1) Disclosing a complete agglutination reaction in the blood titer dilution of 1:100 or higher;
(2) In an infected herd or herd of unknown status having a complete reaction in the 1:25 dilution or higher; or
(3) Disclosing a positive card test reaction.
H. "Secretary" means the Secretary of Agriculture or the Secretary’s designee.