A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Department" means the Maryland Department of Agriculture.
(2) "Mediation" means a voluntary process under the Farm Sense Agricultural Mediation Program in which a mediator assists in the resolution of agriculturally related disputes involving persons, government agencies, or both, in a confidential and nonadversarial setting.
(3) "Mediation coordinator" means the individual or individuals responsible for the administration, reporting, and oversight of the Farm Sense Agricultural Mediation Program.
(4) "Mediator" means an impartial individual who:
(a) Is trained to assist participants in finding mutually acceptable solutions to shared problems; and
(b) Has no authority to impose a solution.
(5) "Producer" means a person who:
(a) Grows or produces food, fiber, planting material, or feed; or
(b) Breeds, stables, or raises livestock, equine, or ratites.
(6) "USDA" means the United States Department of Agriculture.