A. Field Eligibility Application.
(1) To establish the eligibility of a field to be used for the initial production of certified turf grass, a participant shall submit a preplow inspection application to the Department at least 15 days in advance of preparation or tilling of the proposed field.
(2) The Department may not approve the eligibility of a field unless all noxious weeds or persistent objectionable grasses are controlled.
(3) For warm season turf grass, a field shall be free of another warm season variety or kind for a period of 3 years.
B. Program Participation.
(1) After the Department has approved a field’s eligibility to participate in the certification program, a participant shall submit to the Department:
(a) An application, available from the Department, that has been completed; and
(b) A map clearly establishing the location and identification of each field.
(2) The application and map shall be submitted to the Department by:
(a) August 1 for seeded turf grass planted from January 1 to June 30 of the current year;
(b) February 1 for seeded turf grass planted from July 1 to December 31 of the previous year;
(c) August 1 of each year for vegetative turf grass planted from January 1 to June 30 of the current year; and
(d) February 1 for established fields of vegetative turf grass.
(3) Late applications:
(a) May be accepted by the Department; and
(b) May not be accepted later than November 1 if due August 1, or May 1 if due February 1.
(4) The Department shall consider the submission of an application as indicating the applicant’s intent to participate in the certification program.