A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Blend" means seed consisting of more than one variety of a kind, each in excess of 5 percent of the whole.
(2) "Brand" means a word, name, symbol, number, trademark, or design used to identify seed of one person to distinguish it from seed of another person.
(3) "Conditioning" means drying, cleaning, scarifying, and other operations which could change the purity or germination of the seed and require the seed lot to be retested to determine the label information.
(4) "Department" means the Maryland Department of Agriculture and its designee.
(5) "Official sample" means a sample taken by a representative of the Department.
(6) "Secretary" means the Secretary of Agriculture or the Secretary's designee.