A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) “Commercial entity” means an entity that engages in a plant removal activity for profit.
(2) “Invasive plant” means a terrestrial plant species that:
(a) Did not evolve in the State; and
(b) If introduced within the State, will cause or is likely to cause, as determined by the Secretary:
(i) Economic harm;
(ii) Ecological harm;
(iii) Environmental harm; or
(iv) Harm to human health.
(3) “Off-site” means property other than where the Tier 1 invasive plant exists, including property under the control of the person removing the Tier 1 plant but not contiguous, for example, separated by a road or property owned by another person.
(4) “Tier 1 invasive plant” includes invasive plant species that cause or are likely to cause severe harm within the State.
(5) “Tier 2 invasive plant” includes invasive plant species that cause or are likely to cause substantial negative impact within the State.
(6) “Transport” means when a person moves a Tier 1 invasive plant anywhere within the State, including for transportation or shipment.