A. A plant dealer engaged in the sale or distribution of nursery stock shall hold a valid Plant Dealer License for each sales location.
B. Requirements for Licensure. An applicant must fulfill the following requirements for licensure:
(1) Make application to the Department on forms provided by the Department;
(2) Furnish a list of his suppliers of nursery stock;
(3) Maintain records for 1 year of plant acquisitions, including certificate of inspection or another document indicating consignor and state of origin;
(4) Furnish an affidavit attesting to the number of acres, or part of an acre, used as a holding or sales yard for nursery stock;
(5) Pay annual fees as specified in Regulation .06A, of this chapter, at the time of application for, or renewal of, a license;
(6) Provide access for the inspection of all nursery stock;
(7) Follow appropriate cultural practices such that an adequate inspection of the nursery stock can be made;
(8) Provide a suitable means of identifying similar blocks of nursery stock as required by the Department; and
(9) Keep nursery stock free of plant pests.
C. A plant dealer will be assigned a permanent license number at the time all requirements for licensure have been met and the original license is issued. Unless sooner revoked, a license is valid for a year beginning January 1, or date of issuance, and ending December 31.
D. A license is not transferable.
E. Plant dealer licenses will be renewed annually upon meeting all requirements as outlined in this regulation.