The following categories of operations are established and, upon meeting the requirements of these regulations, a person in these categories will be issued the type of certificate or license indicated:
A. Nursery Inspection Certificate.
(1) Christmas tree productionthe production of Christmas trees.
(2) Greenhouse plant productionthe growing of nursery stock under glass, fiberglass, plastic or other similar material.
(3) Landscape nursery operationthe production of nursery stock to be used for landscape purposes by the producing nursery.
(4) Nursery stock productionthe growing of nursery stock for sale or distribution.
(5) Public agency nurserya federal, State, or local government agency engaged in the production of nursery stock for research or educational purposes, for reforestation projects, or for use on public lands.
B. Plant Broker License. Brokera person acting as an agent or middleman between a grower and a wholesale or a retail customer.
C. Plant Dealer License.
(1) Chain storeone of two or more retail outlets owned by a person selling nursery stock.
(2) Collectora person engaged in the collection and the sale or distribution of wild or native nursery stock.
(3) Garden centeran operation engaged in the sale or distribution of nursery stock.
(4) Landscape contractora person who installs nursery stock on the property of another.
(5) Mail orderthe shipping or drop-shipping (at retail) of nursery stock from orders solicited or received through the mail.