A. Requirements Pertaining to Employees. To perform fumigation work, an employee of a licensee, permittee, or certificate holder shall:
(1) Be trained in fumigation practices;
(2) Have adequate knowledge of the fumigant; and
(3) Be provided with safety equipment necessary for the employee's protection.
B. Notification Requirement.
(1) Soil Fumigation. Before applying a soil fumigant within 300 feet of any residence, the certified applicator shall notify the occupant of the residence at least 24 hours before the application either by telephone, in person, or by written notice delivered to the residence. The notice shall include the following:
(a) Name of the certified applicator in charge and the applicator's telephone number where the applicator can be reached at any time;
(b) Name of fumigant; and
(c) Date and approximate time of fumigation and estimated length of fumigation period.
(2) Structural Fumigation. Before conducting any structural fumigation, the certified applicator shall give written notice to the local fire and health departments. The notice shall include the following:
(a) Pesticide business name, address, telephone number, and license number;
(b) Name of the certified applicator in charge and the applicator's telephone number or numbers where the applicator can be reached at all times;
(c) Name of fumigant;
(d) Location and type of structure; and
(e) Date and approximate time of fumigation and estimated length of fumigation period.
C. Posting of Warning Signs. The certified applicator shall post a warning sign on each side of the structure, container, or commodity to be treated. Each sign shall include:
(1) The skull and crossbones;
(2) The name of the fumigant;
(3) A warning statement, such as "keep out";
(4) The name of the company; and
(5) The name and telephone number of the pest control applicator.
D. Posting of Guard. With the exception of commodities fumigated in transit or soil fumigation, the certified applicator shall post a guard on the site during the entire fumigation period. A guard shall remain on duty at the site at all times to prevent unauthorized persons from coming into contact with the fumigant.
E. Required Inspection. The certified applicator shall clear a structure or area of all persons before the fumigation. The applicator shall inspect the structure or area before reoccupancy for safe reentry.