A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) “Animal welfare organization” means a not-for-profit organization established to promote animal welfare that has received tax exempt status under 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and is registered to do business in Maryland.
(2) “Department” means the Maryland Department of Agriculture.
(3) “Fund” means the Spay/Neuter Fund.
(4) “Project” means an action plan that the applicant agrees to follow for spay and neuter services for cats and dogs.
(5) “Spay/Neuter Advisory Board” means the Spay/Neuter Advisory Board of the Department.