A. The following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Act" means the Public Information Act, State Government Article, §10-611 et seq., Annotated Code of Maryland.
(2) "Applicant" means a person requesting disclosure of public records.
(3) "Department" means the Department of Agriculture.
(4) "Custodian" means an authorized person employed by the Department having personal custody and control of public records of the Department.
(5) "Official custodian" means the person who is responsible for the maintenance, care, and keeping of the public records of the Department. Unless otherwise provided by law, the Secretary is the official custodian of the Department's records.
(6) "Public records" means all paper, correspondence, forms, books, photographs, photostats, films, microfilms, sound recordings, maps, drawings, or other written documents, regardless of physical form or characteristics. "Public records" includes all copies made or received by the Department in connection with the transaction of public business and includes the salaries of all employees of the Department.
(7) "Secretary" means the Secretary of Agriculture.
(8) "Working day" means a day other than Saturday, Sunday, or State holiday.
(9) "Written documents" means all books, papers, maps, photographs, cards, tapes, recordings, computerized records, or other documentary materials, regardless of physical form or characteristics.