A. The Secretary of Agriculture is responsible for approving the giving away of a live animal (vertebrate) in the following cases when given:
(1) As a prize or an inducement to enter a contest, game, or other competition; or
(2) As an inducement to enter a place of amusement;
(3) As an incentive to enter into a business agreement when an animal is offered for the purpose of attracting trade.
B. Approval for giving away a live animal is not required when the animal is given away:
(1) As an agricultural project;
(2) For a conservation purpose;
(3) For slaughter.