A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Agencies" means the Department of Human Services and the Department of Juvenile Services.
(2) "Expansion request" means the materials required by the Office submitted by a licensed provider that seeks to add additional beds to an existing facility, to expand the physical site orto duplicate a residential child care program in a new location.
(3) "Facility" means the physical premises where a residential child care program that is licensed by the Department of Human Services or the Department of Juvenile Services is operated.
(4) "Licensing" means the process undertaken by the Agencies to issue, suspend, revoke, or deny a license.
(5) "Office" means the Governor's Office for Children.
(6) "Proposal" means the materials required by the Office, submitted by a potential new provider or an established provider, to develop a new residential child care facility or program, or an expansion request.
(7) "Provider" means the operator of a residential child care program.
(8) "Residential child care program" means a program of care provided in a residential setting by a provider on a 24-hour basis, for longer than 24 hours, to a child or children, unless otherwise provided by State law.A residential child care program does not include any program licensed by Maryland Department of Health.
(9) "Statement of need" means an official certification of public need in a county or region issued by one of the Agencies for the location and/or establishment of a residential child care program.