A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) “Commission” means the Maryland Higher Education Commission.
(2) “Cybersecurity program” means a credit-bearing degree or certificate program that:
(a) Is approved by the Commission under Education Article, §11-206, Annotated Code of Maryland; and
(b) Has been identified by the Secretary as directly relevant to cybersecurity and published on the Commission website.
(3) “Director” means the Executive Director of the Office.
(4) “Education expenses” mean:
(b) Mandatory fees; and
(c) Costs of room and board.
(5) “Eligible institution” means a public or private nonprofit institution of higher education that operates in the State under Education Article, §§11-201 and 11-201.1, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(6) “Extenuating circumstances” mean a documented disability, including pregnancy, or a documented extended illness, that prevents a recipient from fulfilling a scholarship requirement.
(7) “Full-time” means enrollment in at least 12 credits per semester at an eligible institution.
(8) “Office” means the Office of Student Financial Assistance within the Maryland Higher Education Commission.
(9) “Secretary” means the Secretary of Higher Education.
(10) “Scholarship” means a Cybersecurity Public Service Scholarship under this chapter.