A. The Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) may consider deferment, cancellation, suspension, or waiver of the obligation as provided in this regulation.
B. OSFA may consider deferment for:
(1) Military service for a period not to exceed 3 years;
(2) Extended illness verified by a physician;
(3) Extenuating family circumstances to be decided on a case-by-case basis; and
(4) Maternity/paternity leave not to exceed 6 months.
C. OSFA may consider cancellation, suspension, or waiver as follows:
(1) Any service or payment obligation incurred by a Maryland Dent-Care Loan Assistance Repayment Program (MDC-LARP) recipient is canceled upon the MDC-LARP recipient's death; and
(2) OSFA may waive or suspend an MDC-LARP recipient's service or payment obligation if, as determined by OSFA, compliance by the MDC-LARP recipient with the terms and conditions of the contract is impossible or would involve extreme hardship.