A. An individual shall complete an application and provide any additional information required by the Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) and the Office of Oral Health (OOH) to be considered for Maryland Dent-Care Loan Assistance Repayment Program repayment assistance.
B. The OOH is responsible for the development and distribution of application forms and materials.
C. An applicant shall provide:
(1) A completed application;
(2) Proof of graduation from an accredited U.S. school of dentistry;
(3) Documentation of the amounts and the holders of the applicant's outstanding eligible higher education loans;
(4) Letters of recommendation from three individuals;
(5) Proof of a dental license issued by the Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners; and
(6) If entering a group practice or incorporated practice, a letter of intent from the employer stating that the other members of the practice are aware of the program and the requirements that need to be fulfilled; and
(7) If in solo practice, proof that the practice exists.
D. Each applicant shall agree to provide any information or documentation requested by OSFA and OOH for the purpose of administering this program and, if requested, shall sign an authorization for the release of information to OFSA for the purpose of administering this program. An applicant’s failure or refusal to provide requested information or a signed release may result in a determination of ineligibility, the cancellation of an award, or the denial of a deferment, cancellation, suspension, or waiver request.