A. Each Delegate shall have a choice of two methods for awarding scholarships: the tuition and mandatory fees method and the set dollar method.
B. Each Delegate shall make an irrevocable selection of either the tuition and mandatory fees method or the set dollar method on an annual basis during each 4-year term.
C. Tuition and Mandatory Fees Method.
(1) Each Delegate may award the equivalent of four, 4-year, full-time scholarships.
(2) A Delegate Scholarship award may not exceed the actual tuition and mandatory fees charged to the recipient as follows:
|College Type||Amount of Assistance|
|Community College||Tuition and Mandatory Fees|
|Public 4-Year College/University||Undergraduate Tuition and Mandatory Fees|
|Private 2-Year or 4-Year College/University||Up to Undergraduate Tuition and Mandatory Fees Maximum|
|Out-of-State School||Up to Undergraduate Tuition and Mandatory Fees Maximum|
|All Graduate Programs||Up to Undergraduate Tuition and Mandatory Fees Maximum|
(3) A Delegate Scholarship may be awarded for a period of 1, 2, 3, or 4 years.
(4) A Delegate may award two part-time scholarships for each full-time scholarship available, provided that a part-time Delegate Award may be renewed for a maximum of 8 years and that the student is enrolled for between 6 and 11 credits each semester.
(5) A full-time tuition and mandatory fees scholarship may not exceed the maximum tuition and mandatory fees at the 4-year public institution of higher education within the University System of Maryland, other than the University of Maryland University College and the University of Maryland, Baltimore, with the highest annual expenses for a full-time resident undergraduate.
(6) Mid-term increases in scholarship funds will be awarded only if sufficient funds are available in the Delegate program.
(7) A summer session shall constitute a full semester for award calculation and administration purposes.
(8) A Delegate may reserve the option not chose the two methods for awarding but elect to transfer funds to other State aid programs.
D. Set Dollar Method.
(1) Each Delegate shall have an annual budget in the amount of four times the tuition and mandatory fees for a full-time undergraduate student enrolled at the University of Maryland, College Park, for the academic year commencing in that year, other than the University of Maryland University College and the University of Maryland, Baltimore, with the highest annual expenses for a full-time resident undergraduate.
(2) The Delegate shall determine a set dollar amount to award each recipient.
(3) The minimum award shall be $200 for the academic year and the maximum shall be 50 percent of the Delegate's budget for that academic year.
E. Unawarded funds remaining in a Delegate’s account at the end of an award year shall carry over into the following year for awarding.