A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Commission" means the Maryland Higher Education Commission.
(2) "Enroll" means to register a student, in any semester or other instructional period, in a course in an online program.
(3) "Institution" means an institution of higher education that enrolls one or more Maryland students in an online program.
(4) “Maryland student” means a student who is domiciled in Maryland on the date of enrollment at an institution.
(5) "Online program" has the same meaning as "fully online distance education program in the State" stated in Education Article, §11-202.2, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(5-1) “SARA” means a State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement overseen by the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements and administered by the Southern Regional Education Board, the New England Board of Higher Education, the Midwestern Higher Education Compact, or the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education.
(6) "Secretary" means the Secretary of Higher Education.
(7) "State" means a state of the United States, American Samoa, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the District of Columbia, Guam, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, and the Republic of Palau.
(8) "State authority" means the higher education certifying, approving, or regulatory authority of a state.