A. A person in interest may request the Commission to correct inaccurate or incomplete information in a public record that:
(1) Is maintained by the Commission; and
(2) The person in interest is authorized to inspect.
B. Contents of Request. A request under this regulation shall:
(1) Be in writing;
(2) Describe the requested change precisely; and
(3) State the reasons for the change.
C. Action on Request.
(1) Within 30 days after receiving a request under this regulation, the custodian shall:
(a) Make or refuse to make the requested change; and
(b) Give the person in interest written notice of the action taken.
(2) A notice of refusal shall contain the custodian's reasons for the refusal.
D. Statement of Disagreement.
(1) If the Commission finally refuses a request under this regulation, the person in interest may submit to the Commission a concise statement that, in five pages or less, states the reasons for the request and for disagreement with the refusal.
(2) Whenever the Commission provides the disputed information to a third party, the Commission shall provide to that party a copy of the statement submitted to the Commission by the person in interest.
E. Administrative and Judicial Review. A person in interest may seek administrative and judicial review of:
(1) A decision of the Commission to deny a:
(a) Request to change a public record; or
(b) Right to submit a statement of disagreement; or
(2) The failure of the Commission to provide the statement of disagreement to a third party.
F. Procedures. If a person in interest seeks judicial review, it shall be in accordance with State Government Article, Title 10, Subtitle 2, Annotated Code of Maryland.