A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Commission" means Maryland Higher Education Commission.
(2) "Eligible institution" means an institution of higher education satisfying the requirements of Regulation .03 of this chapter.
(3) "Program" or "academic program" means a series of courses which are arranged in a scope and a sequence leading to a degree or certificate, or which constitute a major.
(4) "Religious, seminarian, or theological academic programs" means a series of courses which are arranged in a scope and a sequence either leading to a degree or certificate which indicates specialization in the study of religion or in religious, seminarian, or theological studies, or which constitute a major in any of these subject matters.
(5) "State's general fund per full-time equivalent student appropriation for the 4-year public colleges and universities" means the general fund per full-time equivalent student appropriations for Bowie State University, Coppin State College, Frostburg State University, Morgan State University, Salisbury State University, St. Mary's College of Maryland, Towson State University, University of Maryland College Park, University of Maryland Baltimore County, and University of Maryland Eastern Shore.