A. Application for Approval.
(1) Application for approval shall be made in a manner and form and according to timelines established by the office.
(2) The applicant shall submit all information that the office considers necessary in order to ascertain compliance with the requirements of this chapter.
(3) A provider who is already approved to operate an educational program may not apply for approval to operate another educational program if the educational program for which the provider is currently approved is not in full compliance with all applicable requirements of this chapter.
B. When the office is satisfied that the requirements of this chapter have been met, the office shall issue to the applicant a child care home registration that certifies approval to operate an educational program.
C. The child care home registration shall specify the terms under which approval to operate an educational program has been granted, including the:
(1) Hours, days, and months of approved operation; and
(2) Ages of children who may be enrolled in the program.
D. If the provider intends to change the terms under which approval has been granted, the provider shall:
(1) Notify the office in writing at least 60 days before the occurrence of any change or changes; and
(2) Furnish any information the office considers necessary to approve the change or changes planned by the provider.
E. A provider may not seek approval of a change in the terms of the approval under any one or combination of the following circumstances:
(1) The educational program demonstrates an area or areas of noncompliance;
(2) The office has received and is investigating a complaint alleging that the educational program is in violation of one or more regulations under this chapter;
(3) The office is implementing a sanction or an enforcement action against the child care home registration; or
(4) A deficiency hearing is pending before the State Board in accordance with Education Article, §2-206, Annotated Code of Maryland.
F. Notwithstanding the requirement established in žE of this regulation, a provider may seek approval of a change in the terms of the approval if approval of the change is the means for the provider to demonstrate compliance with this chapter.
G. A provider may not implement a change in the terms of approval until the office has issued a revised child care home registration that reflects the change.
H. A provider shall inform the office in writing at least 30 days before the provider ceases operating an educational program.