A. A provider may be approved to operate an educational program in a nonpublic nursery school only if:
(1) The provider holds a valid registration to operate a large family child care home; and
(2) The educational program would not be operated in the living space of the residence where the child care home is located.
B. Unless a provider chooses to cease operating an educational program, approval to operate the program, once granted, shall continue as long as the:
(1) Child care home registration remains in effect;
(2) Educational program is operated according to the terms under which approval to operate was granted; and
(3) Provider remains in full compliance with all applicable requirements of this chapter.
C. Approval to operate an educational program in a nonpublic nursery school becomes void if the nonpublic nursery school's approval is suspended or revoked, or the child care home registration is suspended or revoked and the provider:
(1) Does not appeal the suspension or revocation action; or
(2) Appeals the suspension or revocation action and the action is upheld through the administrative hearing process or notice of deficiencies hearing before the State Board in accordance with Education Article, §2-206, Annotated Code of Maryland.
D. A provider who has ceased operating an educational program subject to the requirements of this chapter shall promptly return to the office the child care home registration that certifies approval to operate the educational program.
E. A certificate of approval to operate an educational program that was issued to the provider prior to January 1, 2012, shall remain in effect.