A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Certificate of approval" means the document issued by the State Board to the legal authority responsible for governing and operating a school if the school has met the requirements of this chapter.
(2) “Child care home registration” means the document issued by the Department pursuant to this subtitle that authorizes the recipient to operate a large family child care home.
(3) "Class" means a group of students scheduled to report regularly to a teacher at a particular time and place for the implementation of an educational program.
(4) "Department" means the State Department of Education.
(5) "Department representative" means an individual designated by the Department to determine compliance with this chapter.
(6) "Educational program" means an organized program of instruction that:
(a) Is provided by a teacher; and
(b) Meets the requirements of Regulation .07 of this chapter.
(7) "Institution of higher education (IHE)" means a college or university that is accredited by an accrediting commission of one of the regional associations of colleges and schools.
(8) “Montessori program" means an educational program based on the pedagogical philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori, as reflected in the program's teacher qualifications, curriculum, instructional methods, and materials and equipment.
(9) "Nursery school" means an educational program for children who are 2 years old, 3 years old, 4 years old, or any consecutive sequence of these ages.
(10) "Office" means the central office or a regional office of the Department's Division of Early Childhood Development, Office of Child Care.
(11) "State Board" means the Maryland State Board of Education.
(12) "Teacher" means an individual who:
(a) Provides instruction to children enrolled in an educational program; and
(b) Meets the requirements of Regulation .06B of this chapter.