A. For every 15 children in care, an operator shall provide one toilet and one sink that are:
(1) Maintained in good operating condition and in a sanitary manner;
(2) Easily accessible to the children; and
(3) Equipped with water-resistant, nonabsorbent platforms which are safely constructed at a height that allows children to use the toilet and sink unassisted.
B. An operator which holds a certificate of approval to operate, or a letter of exemption from approval, that was issued by the State Board of Education before July 1, 1991, and is still in effect may receive a variance from the requirements of §A of this regulation if the office determines that:
(1) The requirements can be met only with substantial physical modifications to the child care facility; and
(2) Sanitary facilities are accessible to every child in the child care facility.
C. In each toilet facility accessible to a school age child, the operator shall provide at least one toilet in an enclosed stall or other space affording privacy to the child.
D. In a small facility approved for mixed age groups, only one toilet and sink are required.
E. A facility licensed for the first time shall provide at least one toilet facility restricted to use by adults that is equipped with a toilet, sink, and toilet supplies, except that this requirement does not apply to:
(1) Small centers; or
(2) Programs that operate 2-1/2 hours or less per session per day.
F. Each toilet room shall have:
(1) A floor with a water-resistant, nonabsorbent finish;
(2) Smoothly finished walls with a hard surface; and
(3) Approved and functioning natural or mechanical ventilation.
G. Portable toilets, also known as potty-chairs, may not be used in a child care facility.
H. Each toilet room shall contain individual paper towels, a trash receptacle, soap, and toilet paper.
I. All sanitary supplies in a toilet room shall be available within reach of a child capable of using the toilet unassisted.
J. Toiletry and grooming articles, drinking cups, towels, face cloths, brushes, and combs may not be shared.