A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated:
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Administration" means the Office of Child Care.
(2) "Applicant" means an individual who has applied to the Administration for a grant.
(3) "Award" means the grant amount awarded through the Program to an approved applicant.
(4) "Child care facility" means a:
(a) Child care center that is currently licensed to operate pursuant to COMAR 13A.16; or
(b) Nursery school or child care program that operates under a current letter of compliance pursuant to COMAR 13A.17.
(5) "Child care provider" means a family day care provider or child care facility.
(6) "Department" means the State Department of Education.
(7) "Family day care provider" means an individual who holds a current certificate of registration to operate a family day care home pursuant to COMAR 13A.15.
(8) "Grantee" means an individual who has received an award through the Program.
(9) "Local department" means a department of social services in a county or Baltimore City or the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services.
(10) "Program" means the Child Care Quality Incentive Grant Program.
(11) "Purchase of Child Care program (POC)" means the system of providing child care subsidies for eligible families which local departments pay to child care providers pursuant to COMAR 13A.14.06.
(12) "Regulatory action" means any action to suspend or revoke a child care provider's license or registration, or a compliance agreement involving the health, safety, or welfare of children receiving care.