A. Workforce and Technology Center staff may discharge a client from the Center under any of the following circumstances and with the active participation of the client, the client's representative, and the referral source:
(1) The client satisfactorily completes the rehabilitation program as presented in the client's service plan;
(2) The client meets the requirements for graduation from an employment skills training program;
(3) The client initiates voluntary termination of the program;
(4) The client's medical condition prevents continued participation in a program of services;
(5) The client exhibits behavior which is dangerous or harmful to the client or to others in accordance with Regulation .11 of this chapter;
(6) The client is permanently suspended as a result of disciplinary action in accordance with Regulation .11; or
(7) The client dies.
B. The Center's Assistant Director may discharge a client from the Center under any of the following circumstances and with the active participation of the client, the client's representative, and the referral source:
(1) The client fails to achieve satisfactory progress, based upon the service plan, and efforts to resolve the issues contributing to the lack of progress are unsuccessful; or
(2) The client is absent for more than 3 full program days without providing an acceptable reason to the case manager.
(1) A client or a client's representative may request reconsideration by the Director of the decision to discharge of the Assistant Director within 3 days of being notified of the decision. The Director shall confirm or overturn the decision within 24 hours of the request.
(2) If the discharge decision is confirmed pursuant to §C(1) of this regulation, at the time of discharge from the Center, the client, the client's representative, and the referral source shall be given written notification of the:
(a) Reason for discharge;
(b) Availability of the Client Assistance Program; and
(c) Appeal process in accordance with COMAR 13A.11.07.03.
(3) If the discharge decision is confirmed pursuant to §C(1) of this regulation and the client pursues an appeal hearing in accordance with COMAR 13A.11.07.03, the client may remain at the Center and receive services pending the appeal process.
D. A copy of the discharge summary shall be forwarded to the referral source and included in the client's record.