A. The Division shall:
(1) Provide vocational rehabilitation services under trial work experiences or under an extended evaluation, if the individual cannot participate in trial work, to determine vocational rehabilitation potential, if:
(a) The applicant meets the criterion under Regulation .05B(1) of this chapter; and
(b) A determination cannot be made under Regulation .05B(2) of this chapter because of the severity of the disability unless the applicant participates in trial work experiences or extended evaluation, or both;
(2) Certify in writing the reasons for providing vocational rehabilitation services under this regulation;
(3) Develop a written trial work plan or extended evaluation plan for each individual who is provided vocational rehabilitation services under this regulation;
(4) Provide vocational rehabilitation services under this regulation for a total period not longer than 18 months; and
(5) Provide trial work experiences, or extended evaluation if the individual cannot participate in trial work, before a determination that an individual does not meet eligibility criteria because the individual cannot benefit in terms of an employment outcome due to the severity of the disability.
B. The trial work plan or extended evaluation plan shall be dated and signed by the vocational rehabilitation counselor.
C. The Division shall assess the individual's progress as frequently as necessary but at least once every 90 days to determine whether the individual meets the criterion under Regulation .05B(2) of this chapter.