A. As appropriate, a school that provides general education services shall maintain a comprehensive document that includes a complete statement of the school's behavior management policies and procedures.
B. The behavior management policies and procedures of a school that provides general education services shall:
(1) Address all aspects of behavior management policies and procedures implemented by the school;
(2) Provide clear direction to staff regarding the implementation of the behavior management policies and procedures of the school; and
(3) Include, but not be limited to, the following:
(a) A description of each behavior management technique used by the school;
(b) The specific forms to be completed to document implementation of each specific behavior management practice;
(c) Methods used to train staff in implementing behavior management practices and a schedule for training staff;
(d) Procedures for notifying the parent or the local school system, or both, regarding the implementation of specific practices; and
(e) Procedures for reviewing behavior management data and the purpose of such reviews.
C. A school that provides special education services shall develop and implement policies and procedures for the following areas:
(1) The use and documentation of student behavior interventions, including exclusion, restraint, and seclusion;
(2) Monitoring the use of exclusion, restraint, and seclusion; and
(3) Receiving and investigating complaints regarding the use of exclusion, restraint, and seclusion as required by COMAR 13A.08.04.