A. All certificated school personnel who have direct contact with students on a regular basis shall complete training on or before December 1 of each year, by a method determined by each county board, in the skills required to:
(1) Understand and respond to youth suicide risk;
(2) Understand and respond to student mental health, student trauma, student safety and other topics related to student social and emotional well-being; and
(3) Identify professional resources to help students in crisis.
B. The training required by §A of this regulation shall be:
(1) Provided to certificated school personnel during an in-service program; or
(2) A professional development requirement that may be met during time designated for professional development.