A local school system shall:
A. A local school system shall:
(1) Develop and maintain a policy for determining the eligibility and selection of prekindergarten sites as well as the eligibility of 4-year-old students for prekindergarten programs consistent with the requirements of this chapter;
(2) Develop criteria in reference to Regulation .03B and C of this chapter that establishes procedures to include children in the prekindergarten program who are not eligible under Regulation .03A of this chapter;
(3) Operate the prekindergarten educational program 5 days per week for a minimum of 2.5 hours per day consistent with the school calendar approved by the local board;
(4) Analyze the Department-approved kindergarten assessment system information described in COMAR 13A.08.01.02-3 to evaluate the effectiveness of the prekindergarten program, and make necessary adjustments to the prekindergarten instructional program;
(5) Provide data in the Bridge to Excellence Master Plan needs assessment to indicate progress on prekindergarten program goals;
(6) Provide staffing for each session of prekindergarten to include a teacher who possesses a current State professional certificate in early childhood education and a para-professional with a minimum of a high school diploma, or its equivalent, or a CDA;
(7) Align each prekindergarten program with the Maryland Common Core State Curriculum;
(8) Based on the September 30 enrollment count, maintain an average staff to student ratio of 1:10 with an average of 20 students per classroom; and
(9) Provide responses to Department requests for information and data related to the operation of the prekindergarten program.
B. A qualified vendor shall:
(1) Maintain State or national early childhood program accreditation;
(2) Have the capacity to meet the responsibilities identified in this regulation;
(3) Be licensed to operate a child care center pursuant to COMAR 13A.16; and
(4) Provide responses to Department requests for information and data related to the operation of the prekindergarten program.